Customer Case Study - Application Repair
The customer: An international cosmetics company that developed and supported an application to manage a sector of the wholesale agriculture trade. The application, developed years earlier and without a common interface standard, was needing to be updated to a newer, more aesthetically pleasing version that was easier to use and required minimal support. In order to accomplish these requirements, the company chose to incorporate the following features into the application updates:
- Dashboard-style front end to simply application use
- Standardization of over 70 data entry/use forms including color, font, and layout
- Integrating multiple security levels for data access and database administration
What We Did
Loricca assisted the company in creating a new dashboard-centric design that afforded the end user the capability to access data from a central screen. As a first step, Loricca worked with the client to select desired color palettes and fonts for the application by first showing the client various examples, then incorporating a smaller set of the examples and submitting mock-ups of the application for the client's final selection and approval.
Following the determination of the layout and graphical requirements of the application, Loricca:
- Updated the application forms with the newly selected color palette scheme and fonts
- Designed and integrated a dashboard interface to the application
- Integrated multiple security levels based upon user authentication into the application
- Developed a demonstration-only version of the application for the client's sales efforts
Client now has an updated version of the legacy application that's more functional, aesthetically please, and is more modernized to help with their marketing and sales efforts. Finally, the client also has a demonstration version of the updated application to utilize as part of their pre-sales efforts.