Loricca provides a wide range of HIPAA compliance and IT security services, tailored to your company’s regulatory requirements, size and needs. We work with you to recommend and determine the right solution package for your IT infrastructure, needs and budget and will hit the ground running with implementation all while minimizing disruption to your operation. Browse our solutions and contact our highly responsive and helpful team with specific questions today.
HIPAA Security Risk Assessments
The protection of sensitive information is increasingly a top priority for many healthcare organizations and vendors. Several factors contribute to the growing concern of cyber threats, such as the use of cloud-based storage, mobile access to sensitive data and more advanced tools at the disposal of cyber criminals. To address these risks, federal compliance regulations require that healthcare organizations complete a periodic security assessment.
Loricca’s HIPAAView Risk Assessment® and Actionable Findings Report provide you and your organization with the information needed to mitigate risk, prioritize compliance initiatives, increase awareness among staff and improve the overall security of your IT and business critical data.
Our HIPAAView Risk Assessment® & Actionable Findings Report:
- Identifies security gaps within your organization
- Determines overall security posture (technical, administrative and physical)
- Includes network penetration testing (blind/internal/external) and vulnerability analysis
- Documents threats and/or vulnerabilities with operations and IT security
- Reviews existing corporate policies and procedures
- Reviews DRP (disaster recovery plan) and business continuity
- Provides detailed findings and recommendations with prioritized next steps
- Includes knowledge transfer with key personnel and management presentation of findings
Security Risk Assessments
Safeguarding your company’s sensitive data is of critical importance. Risks and threats to your information and network increase every day. Your first step in ensuring the security of sensitive information is to conduct a complete, comprehensive risk assessment to evaluate the threats, weaknesses and necessary steps to protect your company, employees and customers.
Our team has assisted hundreds of organizations across the country with eliminating security gaps in their IT systems and has developed customized workforce awareness trainings to reduce risk. Our customers routinely tell us that our Actionable Findings Report is the most comprehensive and easy-to-understand assessment report they’ve seen.
Our IT Risk Assessments:
- Identify gaps in compliance relative to HIPAA/HITECH, PCI, FISMA, NIST, ISO and FFIEC, among others
- Determine overall security posture (technical, administrative and physical)
- Include network penetration testing (blind/internal/external) and vulnerability analysis
- Document threats and vulnerabilities with operations and IT security
- Review existing corporate policies and procedures
- Review DRP (disaster recovery plan) and business continuity plan
- Provide detailed findings and recommendations with prioritized next steps
- Include knowledge transfer with key personnel and management presentation of findings
Data Risk Assessments
A Data Risk Assessment, or eDiscovery, helps organizations locate certain business-critical or protected information within their IT systems and networks. Our Personally Identifiable Information (PII) searches identify and protect sensitive data on systems, computers and servers to reveal possible preventative and remedial measures that should be taken to secure and protect this data. We can identify occurrences of Social Security Numbers (SSNs), credit card numbers, information designated as protected and other types of sensitive data.
Our Data Risk Assessments:
- Identify business-critical or PII within your system and network
- Securely encrypt, shred, redact or quarantine the data
- Regularly monitor and audit employee access to personal information
- Prevent unauthorized access to personal information
- Enforce secure access control measures that restrict access to records and files
Network Vulnerability Testing
The tactics and tools cyber criminals use are constantly changing. Criminals’ efforts to compromise your network and steal your data are relentless. To mitigate and manage this risk, Loricca can assess the threats you face with a Network Vulnerability Test and recommend appropriate security controls and protections to safeguard your company.
Our Network Vulnerability Testing:
- Can provide a clear picture of your network’s strengths, weaknesses and threats
- Safeguards any weak or exposed areas from cyber criminals
- Keeps your organization’s IT infrastructure updated and compliant
- Maintains compliance relative to HIPAA/HITECH, PCI, FISMA, NIST, ISO and FFIEC, among others
- Bolsters your IT security plan to prevent costly and reputation-damaging issues
Beyond cursory, automated testing tools, Loricca’s advanced Penetration Testing methods utilize industry best practices, proven tools and techniques to identify threats, vulnerabilities and risks. Our Penetration Testing process involves minimal disruption to your operation and adheres to a proven methodology that provides high-quality and effective results. Our approach is flexible and can be customized to your specific applications or environments.
Our Penetration Testing:
- Tests external, web, wireless and internal penetration
- Benchmarks your current level of protection
- Assesses both internal and external threats
- Safeguards your customers’ data
- Protects your corporate information
- Implements effective corporate policies
- Identifies security gaps
- Maintains regulatory compliance
A data or privacy breach can damage your corporate reputation by reducing customer confidence and costing you thousands, even millions, in remediation, legal damages and regulatory penalties. Incident Response Planning and Incident Response Plan Testing puts you one step ahead of an attack or incident. In the event of a breach, a well-documented and tested response plan can be a mitigating factor for compliance, regulatory or legal costs that may result. With a plan in place, you can have the peace of mind that comes with being proactive, as well as the reassurance that our team is prepared to act quickly if and when an incident arises.
Our Incident Response Plans:
- Enable operational continuity following the detection of a breach or incident
- Mitigate and minimize financial, physical and operational loss
- Provide in-depth forensics and data discovery and recovery
- Include collaboration with legal counsel to determine the obligations under applicable breach notice laws
- Provide a customized project plan for additional recovery and remediation
- Include a thorough Risk Assessment as necessary to evaluate ongoing risks and regain compliance
Every day your company is vulnerable to cyber threats, attacks and intrusions, both internally and externally. The rapid evolution of technology and the increasing sophistication of cyber criminals present constant challenges for your IT security and compliance teams. Loricca offers cybersecurity services that safeguard your organization’s confidentiality and integrity and the availability of sensitive business data, such as electronic protected health information (ePHI) and personally identifiable information (PII). We handpick certain solutions and services to create custom security management programs that address your industry’s unique threats and cyber concerns.
Our Cybersecurity Services:
- Custom security management programs
- Risk assessments
- Vulnerability testing
- Penetration testing
- Employee awareness training programs
- Business continuity planning
Regulatory compliance verification audits reveal that many organizations have not implemented adequate safeguards or taken adequate remediation steps to correct compliance gaps. Initial audits conducted by the Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights (OCR) found a widespread lack of follow-through or attention to remediation. These findings are punctuated by commonly occurring, high-profile and highly penalized breaches caused by easily preventable issues. To address these issues, many regulatory agencies are taking an increasingly aggressive approach to enforcement, and OCR has launched a second round of audits focused specifically on the common lapses previously revealed.
Loricca is flexible in the delivery and administration of remediation services and will work closely with you to effectively and efficiently address any compliance gaps and sufficiently mitigate identified risk exposures and specific vulnerabilities. To assist with security implementation and necessary remediation, Loricca provides a wide range of ongoing compliance and IT security services, including compliant Policy and Procedures (P&P) and developing a workforce awareness training program to rollout the new P&P.
Our Remediation Services:
- Provide access to applicable subject-matter experts
- Include ongoing support for maintaining the Risk Management IT Security Program
- Provide on-site or web-based consulting time for:
- Management meetings
- Risk Management Program briefings and presentations
- Security-related project planning, reviews, staff training and more
- Offer direct line phone support for off-site assistance
- Include security awareness webinar trainings for employees and temporary staff
- Provide policy and procedure development support, review and recommendations
- Offer regulatory audit preparation and guidelines
- Include technical security program management and compliance support
At its core, the cloud enables users to access IT resources from anywhere and from almost any computing device. Businesses in virtually every industry have discovered cloud computing to be a way to reduce costs and simplify their IT infrastructure. Many companies, however, are still reluctant to adopt a cloud infrastructure, worried that perceived risk, data privacy and compliance concerns will be difficult to overcome. Loricca helps companies specifically assess their unique risks and relevant security concerns to determine if cloud computing is the right decision.
Our Cloud Computing Services:
- Assess if cloud computing is right for your company
- Include cloud computing implementation
- Provide risk mitigation, assessment and security
- Offer added accessibility to your company’s data
- Help reduce costs while maintaining security and compliance
- Simplify your IT infrastructure and hardware needs
Loricca’s HIPAA Compliance and Security Consulting services include information security auditing and assessments, compliance gap analyses, remediation, business continuity and security program management, among others. These services cover the various duties that may be required of a HIPAA/HITECH Information Security Officer. If your organization does not have a dedicated HIPAA Security and Compliance Officer, our certified team can fill that void.
The specific services of our Outsourced HIPAA Security and Compliance Officer solution vary based on your organization’s day-to-day compliance needs and HIPAA and HITECH regulations. Loricca works with each client to minimize potential threats to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of electronic protected health information (ePHI) and other sensitive business data.
Our Virtual CISO Services:
- Vary based on your organization’s day-to-day needs
- Can be billed for time and materials at an hourly rate
- Can be billed at an agreed upon monthly fixed fee
- Include personnel working off-site at Loricca facilities (on-site personnel available at request)
Whether your company’s network consists of just a handful of computers or thousands of servers distributed around the world, Loricca can help with an ongoing vulnerability management program. Vulnerability management is an ongoing information security risk procedure that enables small and large organizations to effectively manage their IT security vulnerabilities and maintain control over their network security, mitigating network weaknesses before they are exploited. Internal and external network vulnerability scanning is not the same as penetration testing, which is focused only on port-level and application-level scans to determine what services or ports are open.
Loricca will help your organization exercise due diligence in its security vulnerability and compliance management. One way we do this is to work alongside your staff to remediate the significant vulnerabilities right away and mitigate risk for the organization as soon as possible after the threats, weaknesses and vulnerabilities have been identified. It is important to realize that if an organization has knowledge of significant vulnerability findings and does not remediate them, the organization is not practicing due diligence. If a data breach occurs and is traced back to a vulnerability that the company knew of but did not fix, the consequences can be significant.
Our Vulnerability Management Services:
- Include customization of a Vulnerability Management Program
- Manage your IT security vulnerabilities
- Maintain control over your network’s security
- Mitigate network weaknesses
- Include internal and external network vulnerability scanning
Virtually every type of business is responsible for meeting certain regulatory requirements. Loricca can help you determine what’s addressable, required and unrequired under certain circumstances for your industry. We have extensive experience assisting organizations in complying with FISMA, ISO, NIST, HIPAA, HITECH, PCI DSS, FFIEC, SOX, GLBA and more. Our compliance professionals can design a customized solution to ensure that access to IT networks, systems and business-sensitive data can be controlled and audited.
By using a NIST-based approach for compliance risk/gap assessments, we can identify the duplication of requirements within various regulations. Our Compliance Management Tool and remediation roadmap then helps calculate your unique business risks and prioritizes compliance remediation activities based on assessed vulnerabilities, known threats and our team’s detailed recommendations. Loricca will assist your organization in building an effective risk management program with repeatable processes for ongoing compliance adherence.
Our Regulatory Compliance Services:
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Data Privacy Safeguards
- Data and Systems Security
- Incident Response Planning
- Data Breach Notification
Loricca’s Managed Security Services help facilitate project delivery with specific attention to resource utilization, cost, schedule, and most importantly, results. Our team’s successful program management engagements are tailored to the unique needs of each customer. We begin with the deployment of the initial project program management phase. In this phase, our experts focus on providing project life cycle efficiencies while maintaining budget constraints and affecting impact design in a favorable way.
Our program management capabilities aggregate our experience, resources and expertise in the technology field, while our proven process results in an efficient, cost-mitigating project delivery process. Loricca understands all elements involved in successful program execution, bringing an outstanding performance record in developing processes, procedures and systems for delivery of projects on time and within budget.
Our Managed Security:
- Includes full life cycle security management solutions
- Provides architecture and planning
- Offers program design and construction
- Includes ongoing operations support
- Provides oversight and assistance with multiple projects